Saturday 10 August 2013

Room to think

Maybe it’s the weather, or maybe it’s the jump-start to that list of summer goals I had in mind, or maybe it's just my hyper-organised inner-Virgo instincts kicking in again? 

God knows…

But at 11:38 p.m, I found myself happily bound to (what we know to be) 'The Big Clear Out.' 


Oh the domestic joys! Whether you think I am weird or not,  I do love a good clean (sometimes).

Sorting through things and getting rid of the chaotic randomness that enters my room on a daily basis is actually quite amazing. Not only does it give wing to my own creative spirit, it also helps to put my mind at ease. I feel free.


However, what my family don’t seem to understand (and nor do I to be honest) is how one day my room can be totally clean and tidy and the next….well, it can’t. I guess they are right in saying that having to clear out my room literally almost every other day, is just...well, quite unreal. 

My mum and dad have always told me that they have never known someone to constantly keep their drawers open 24/7 or sleep on a bed of sketchbooks, using pens as cuddly toys. Ops...is that not normal?


Anyways, whether one might view this all as a bad thing or not, I think it's great. 

It's so wonderful sorting through things which have built up over months and months. The discoveries you make and the memories you relive! 

For one, this evening I found my secret sticker stash from when I was around seven or eight. It brought such a sweet and honest smile to my face, but I had to be strict with my hoarder-of-a-self this summer, so I striped them down. It was for sure difficult for me to let go of this sentimental piece, but to keep this memory alive I snapped a couple of creative pictures to help free up my attachment. 

Hm...I think that photo method worked. Plus this little bit of sticker cuteness helped motivate me to start on that dreaded untangling of my big ball of jewellery. 

Oh my, do I have a collection of jewellery! Funny enough though, I don't even wear half of it, it's more for looking at or admiring - Gosh, sometimes I swear I'm a magpie!

Anyhow, after five hours of tidying and one bittersweet blog post, I still have more to do, so I better stop procrastinating and finish off what I started...I will be sure to update you all on the ultimate outcome!

Wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment