Sunday 1 July 2012

A day out with my friend Martha nature

On Friday I got to spend the day with the gorgeous Martha Hanks and her beautiful pup Timmy-tiptoes.


We started the day with some Boris biking, seeing all there was to see and admiring all the quaint little shops as well as the homey delicious food.

We stopped off at a place in Shoreditch called Leila's Shop (pronounced Lye-la's) for a bite to eat. It was a lovely cafe, tucked away with a couple of old brick buildings and boutiques.


The sweet atmosphere and homely presentation of food (bread baskets and eggs served in frying pans) made for a very enjoyable and gorgeous lunch.

I especially loved Martha's choice of order....her 'lait au chocolat'... it just reminded me so much of my early childhood.


Martha's interest in nature is no secret (hence her nickname Martha nature). So surprise-surprise... she then took me to the tiny Hackney City Farm. It was such a great way to escape  to the country and get some fresh air for half an hour or so! (And the admission was completely free!)

We did the petting zoo thing and said hello to all the animals. 


I was embarrassingly excited to see their cockerels and chickens.



Just about died when I saw these two pigs all wrapped up in a cosy coat of straw and sleeping soundly in the sunshine.


As always, Martha was so generous with her time and thanks to her, I can now say that Hackney is one of my favourite places to be in London, by far!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Now can you come live here? I'm lonely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how refreshing....lucie we love your friend as well ....who enjoys the simple and unexpected...fun things..natural things...come to france and see all the pigs and sheep there...lol

    ReplyDelete