Saturday 20 April 2013

The concept of the window

For my final project at Central Saint Martins, I have decided to design a piece of jewellery based on the concept of the window. 


Looking back, I have never been more excited to see how my ideas have become a reality...this reality...a reality that will be exposed to the public in a couple of weeks...eek!

And...here it is:


My outcome is a conceptually based piece that magically unfurls into your exterior surroundings. It mimics the window’s ability to transform a lifeless surface into a free-standing world. 


It is worn on the ear and encloses it with layers of shutter-like forms that open and secure. This allows the wearer to interact with (or without) the environment’s external sounds. 


My jewellery piece also serves as a functioning blinker. It is designed to allow the wearer to focus directly on what is ahead and to narrow their point of view, much like the effect of the window frame does.


Although this post has been a sneak peak into the basis of final project at Central Saint Martins (you lucky things!) , I know that this is really only just the beginning...

I can't wait!

P.s The surprise isn't over yet...If you think you've seen it now, you haven't! My final piece is not a view, it is an experience - an experience worth waiting for, so come to our public show and perceive it yourself! 

http://newsevents.arts.ac.uk/event/foundation-diploma-in-art-and-design-exhibition-2013/


No comments:

Post a Comment