Sunday 27 May 2012

Akash Bhatt

Drawing is part of my life, it has always been a part of my daily creativity - even on a busy day I like to try to find 10 minutes of my time to draw. I do this not only to help me improve, but also to express my feelings and enjoy freedom and beauty. 


A while ago, I was told to look at the work of Akash Bhatt, an artist, who once said that "drawing is the ultimate comfort." And I totally agree.


I love how he draws people and surroundings with great directness as well as sensitivity. 


I did a study of my favorite of his paintings. 


Instead of using oil paints, I used oil pastels to create a withered effect.



 I just love how the vibrancy of the orange makes it look as if the building is on fire.



Nearly finished...



1 comment:

  1. quels talents tu as!!! I think I like your work even better than the original!!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete