Wednesday 23 May 2012

D.I.Y felted iPhone case

After years of owning a blackberry, I can now confirm that I am officially a fully converted iPhone-lover. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to purchase one (as of yet) - but I will continue sitting, waiting and wishing...

Although I know that my blackberry prefers to go commando, I am convinced that I could really rock a case for my imaginary iPhone. 

But the problem is, what kind of case would I have? 

Well world...if you didn’t know already, I feel completely powerless to resist anything modern and felt. So, it is no wonder that I eventually decided to make a cute and whimsical iPhone case with one of my favourite materials, felt (handmade of course).



Now, let's not pretend...it is clear that this handmade iPhone case will not only make you look extremely stylish and rather charming, but it will also help to keep your phone snug, safe and sound. 

To make this felted iPhone case, you will need:

- A sewing machine (or you could sew by hand)
- Some felt (hand-made if preferred)
- Some fabric scissors

1. Measure up the felt with your phone and decide what size to cut your felt (remember to leave enough space to include the depth of your phone and add an extra 2cm for seam allowance). 

2. Mark your felt out with chalk and cut two equal sized pieces. 

3. Sew the two pieces of felt together around three edges, leaving the opening free. 

4. Turn inside out and add a label if desired

5. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. it is as sweet and comforting as the phone itself...feels like anyone would one to get one of these ...taking any orders?

    ReplyDelete