Wednesday 21 March 2012

Beyond layers

When I travel, my camera always seems to fall slave to a growing obsession with doors and I don't blame it - show me any kind of door and my knees go weak!

There are numerous reasons why I love doors so much: 

Firstly, doors can hide what lies inside; keeping the heart in suspense. They can add some flavour of the unknown or even create a sense of moving into a new moment. 

But ultimately.... 

Doors (for me anyway) are the gateway to beauty, the beginning of a new space, the opening to a new journey - they are everywhere!



I really love how the afternoon light spills through these glass beauties:



Moroccan doors are just so elaborate in shape and full of presence you simply can’t ignore them:


Here is a pair of wooden Moroccan doors painted in an electrifying Majorelle blue colour - almost starring right back at me. A loud duo - I could almost hear it saying “Hey look at me, I’m over here!”:







I adore the big heavy wooden door and the carved exotic design, both somehow expressing mystery and wonder:




I found this door tucked away while roaming the streets of Ibiza:













So gorgeous, I almost have no words...








It's like an outdoor museum. Each and every door is a new discovery, a new piece of art. Each one is charming in its own little way.

May you find beauty and inspiration from all around you my lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. doors and what lies behind...all the secrets ....all the memories and travels...countless doors tell so many stories.... and some i wish would never change their colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OI! When were you at suck and chew?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav!!! :) i have grown up with my Mumma stopping to take photos of doors, every where we went - on holiday, on our way to school, on a country walk... she would always say 'oh girls, stop and look at that beautiful door...' I remember being small and then a teenager and thinking she was mad.. and now i do the exact same thing! Just like you Lucie, I have an enormous appreciation for doorways in every shape and form! Thank you Mumma, thank you Lucie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete